- SDUHSD Continuing COVID-19 Updates
- SDUHSD COVID-19 Resources
- SDUHSD Back to School 2020-21
- SDUHSD Safe Reopening Plan
- SDUHSD PTMS Distance Learning Guide for Students
- Student Safety & Online Etiquette
- Online Learning Commons
PTMS Virtual Counseling
We hope all of our PTMS families are doing well. We are committed to continuing to provide school counseling services to all students and their families during these unprecedented times. As we navigate and adjust to these new challenges, know that your school counselor is here to support and answer any questions you may have.
In order to ensure that all students are able to access me, I will be posting and updating information here on the Virtual Counseling Website and through mass emails. Students and parents can email me, request a call or request a virtual meeting.
Virtual Office Hours:
Emails will be reviewed and addressed within 24 hours,
Monday - Friday
8:20 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
Email Mrs. Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Meetings or Phone Conferences:
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
To schedule a virtual meeting or a phone conference, email email@example.com
For enrollment, please visit the Registration Page on the PTMS website and contact Mona Healy, PTMS Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Emotional Resources
Weekly Optional Fun Activities for the Week to heal your mind and body - Activity for the Week of April 20: Covid 19 Time Capsule
Live Well at Home - tips and strategies to stay healthy both in body and mind while at home
Calm.com Free Resource Page - Meditations and calming resources to take care of our minds and stay grounded
Care Solace - For further mental health supports, SDUHSD partners with Care Solace, an online resource with a live 24X7 concierge line meant to assist individuals in finding local mental health-related programs and counseling services. To use Care Solace, individuals answer ten basic questions in order to receive an extensive list of referrals to applicable care providers. Care Solace takes into account all types of private insurance including Medi-Cal, Medicaid, and Medicare and those that have no insurance. The system also filters by age, gender, zip code and special request.
* Our students' health, safety, and emotional well-being are of high priority and if you are experiencing an urgent crisis situation, contact San Diego Access & Crisis Line at 888.724.7240 or 911 i an emergency.
* https://www.crisistextline.org - Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor - Free 24/7 support at your fingertips.
* National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800.273.8255
Dear parents and guardians,
San Dieguito Union High School District fosters a culture that promotes the health, safety, and well-being of students, staff, and parents. In an effort to continuously support this commitment while school is not in session over the summer, the district wants to remind families of the 24/7 mental health service available to you through our partner Care Solace.
Care Solace is an online resource with a live, multilingual Care Concierge meant to assist individuals in finding local mental health related programs and counseling services. Care Solace's web-based system works alongside our multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) as a tool for school staff and families to connect with community-based mental healthcare resources and providers. The proprietary care navigation system taps into a vast database of mental healthcare resources to find carefully vetted local and online therapists and programs in minutes.
School district staff and families may access Care Solace services in two ways:
1. Call (888) 515-0595 or email email@example.com to speak with someone from the Care Concierge team.
- Representatives are standing by to take your call, email or video chat 24/7
2. Visit your district’s link at caresolace.com/sduhsdfamilies
- Answer ten simple questions on their confidential platform and get matched with local and online providers in minutes.
- Care Solace takes into account all types of private insurance including Medi-Cal, Medicaid, and Medicare and those that have no insurance. The provider will also be specific to age, gender, zip code and any special requests.
- If you’d like assistance finding a provider and/or booking an appointment, the Care Concierge can make the phone calls on your behalf, help you navigate who accepts your insurance, and any other special requests, saving you precious time in your busy schedules.
Care Solace is available for use by district students and families at no cost. All information shared with Care Solace or entered on their website is completely confidential and securely stored. They do not share specific user information to any third parties or even the district itself.
Please note, this service is an optional free resource available to families in our district. If you are interested in seeking counseling-related services at this time, please give them a call at (888) 515-0595.