The Associated Student Body (ASB) proudly presents the following Clubs/Activities that have been established and are listed in alphabetical order. For more on events and activities that the ASB has planned for our Wolves, check their website here.
Getting involved in extracurricular activities is a good way for
students to meet new people, develop new skills, make a contribution and
have some fun.
After School Sports with the Boys & Girls Club
- check their website for seasonal tryouts, practice dates/times and game dates/times.
- Every Wednesday after school from 3:00-3:45 p.m. in the gym with Coach Olson and Mr. Jenkins
Board Game Club
- Every Thursday during lunch in Mr. Hunt's Room B226
We do activities related to books: posters, author events, reading books and discussing them.
- Every Wednesday after school from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons
Calligraphy and Hand Lettering 101 Club
Calling all creative artists! Calligraphy and Hand Lettering 101 is a club for beginners to learn the basis of calligraphy and hand lettering. Our goal is to learn new styles and feel confident in our penmanship. In this club, we will have fun projects and watch cool videos relating to lettering and calligraphy. We are welcoming everybody! Come on in for a relaxing zen calligraphy/lettering basics lesson. See you soon!
- Every Monday after school from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons
Using donations, we will build a computer, then use it to program.
- Every Friday during lunch in Mr. Primes Room B224
Helping to raise money and awareness for animal shelters and causes. Also organizing events to raise money.
- Every Monday during lunch with Mrs. Lenahan in Room B227
- Every Tuesday during lunch in Mrs. Reed's Room B119
Drawing for fun! Meet fellow artists! Student/peer-led mini-lessons each week, or doodling, drawing, manga, etc.
- Every Tuesday during lunch in Mr. Starr's Room B212
Final Frontier Club
Using the simulator Kerbul Space Program (KSP), we will explore spacecraft and rocket design, the mathematics of calculating delta-v and specific impulse, and finally we will fly our designs into space. We will also attempt challenges set by the community, some of them strange and ridiculous, such as flying a rocket while carrying another one, or designing a spaceplane that can fly while dragging a parachute.
- Every Monday during lunch with Ms. Mareth in the Makerspace Room C116/C117
- Every Tuesday after school from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in Ms. Memar's Room B221
- Every Wednesday after school from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. is Ms. Osbourne-Hall's Room C118
Students who play guitar, piano, bass, drums, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, or walamazu are invited to participate.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch with Mr. Johnson in Room M103
Introduce new music genre/groups to more students. Learn about Korean culture and language. Dand covers, fanarts, translate K-Pop lyrics.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch in Ms. Walton's Room C114
- Every Wednesday during lunch with Coach Bell in Room C115
Rubik's Cubing Club (or Cubing Club)
This will be a place where students can learn cubing (how to solve the Rubik's Cube), share algorithms, tricks, and practice solving. If enough students join, we could possibly create a team to compete at CSUSM.
- Every Thursday during lunch with Ms. Chufo in Room C211
Speech & Debate
- Every Tuesday from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons