The Associated Student Body (ASB) proudly presents the following Clubs/Activities that have been established and are listed in alphabetical order. For more on events and activities that the ASB has planned for our Wolves, check their website here.
Getting involved in extracurricular activities is a good way for
students to meet new people, develop new skills, make a contribution and
have some fun.
After School Sports with the Boys & Girls Club
- Check their website for seasonal tryouts, practice dates/times and game dates/times.
American Sign Language
This it the Club where you get to learn ASL!
- Every Wednesday during lunch in Mrs. Starr's room C115
In this Club, students will watch anime, talk about anime, draw characters and make new friends.
- Every Thursday during lunch in Mr. Torkelson's room B224
Come by and play basketball in the gym after school!
- Every Wednesday from 3:00 to 3:45 p.m. in the Gym with Mr. Jenkins
We do activities related to books like creating posters, author events, reading and discussing books.
- Every Tuesday from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons
Chess and Board Game Club
The Chess and Board Game Club is a chill space to hang out with friends while playing chess and other board games. The club encourages members to power down their electronic devices and connect with one another through traditional board gaming. Although the club has a variety of games on hand, members are also encouraged to bring their own games if they'd like. This Club is non-school sponsored.
- Every Thursday during lunch in Mr. Hunt's room B226
A place for students to learn to solve Rubik's cubes, compete, and have fun. This Club is non-school sponsored.
- Every Tuesday during lunch in Ms. McVay's room C118
CyberPatriot is a national cybersecurity competition for middle and high school students. Our Club will promote cybersecurity while training students to compete in this competition. The competition consists of networking and securing two operating systems - Windows and Linux. Students will learn about how to set up a network and various ways to make Windows and Linux machines harder to hack. All teaching is done through a simulation of an actual computer.
- Every Monday after school from 3:00 to 3:45 p.m. in the Learning Commons
This Club is for people who like drawing, making comics, doodling, and much more. We will choose themes or ideas to draw and at the end of lunch, we will choose/vote on a winner.
- Every Thursday during lunch in Mrs. Walton's room C114
A Club that will talk about, support, and spread awareness about LGBTQ, plus topics and issues. We will meet once a week. We will have conversations and, sometimes, fun activities. Members can bring/eat their lunch while, at the same time, having meaningful conversations. This Club is non-school sponsored.
- Every Tuesday during lunch with Ms. Aguiar in room B127
- Every Tuesday afternoon from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in Mrs. Chen's room C111
- Every Wednesday afternoon from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in Mr. Kuo's room B210
A place for people to come and learn about multiple languages.
- Every Wednesday during lunch in Mrs. Krommenhoek's room B112
Math Lab (begins late September)
- 8th Grade Math Lab is every Tuesday and Thursday during Homeroom in Mrs. Griffen's room C220
- 7th Grade Math Lab is every Wednesday and Friday during Homeroom in Mrs. Griffen's room C220
Math League (begins late September)
- Every Wednesday during lunch in Mrs. Griffen's room C220 and Mr. Jenkins' room C219
- Every Tuesday morning from 7:45 to 8:15 a.m. in Dr. Tam's room B123
- Every Wednesday morning from 7:45 to 8:15 a.m. in Mrs. Memar's room B221
National History Day Club (through mid-March)
Students choose a historical topic related to the theme, "Breaking Barriers in History," and then conduct primary and secondary research. In the Spring, they will present their research.
- Every Tuesday during lunch in Mr. Gillette's room B225
Ping Pong Club - beginning in February
A place to make new friends, meet new people, and have fun all while playing Ping Pong.
- First and third Tuesdays of the month in Mr. Gillette's room B224 and Mr. Torkelson's room B225 respectively
Public Speaking Enrichment - This class is now closed
Students will collect recycling from classrooms during Homeroom and deliver it to the recycling bins.
- Every Thursday during Homeroom in Coach Bell's room C211
Science Bowl is a buzzer-based national competition where teams of students from different schools compete in head-to-head competitions with questions in math, biology, the physical sciences, Earth/Space, energy, and general science. Students will compete in a regional competition in early February and will compete in the national round if they win. To register, send an email to email@example.com.
- Every Monday from 3:00 to 3:40 p.m. in either Ms. McVay's room C118 or Dr. Tam's room B123
This club is an opportunity to learn Spanish if you are a beginner, or to improve on your Spanish.
- Every Thursday during lunch in Mrs. Memar's room B221
Speech & Debate
In Speech & Debate, there's an event for everyone. Our offerings this year will include Speech, Lincoln-Douglas, and Public Forum. All events are taught by experienced instructors from the successful CCA Speech & Debate team.
- Every Wednesday and Thursday after school from 3:00 to 3:45 p.m. in the Learning Commons
Students learn basic chords and how to play some Ukulele songs together during lunch.
- Every Friday during lunch in Mr. Starr's room B212
The Underground Club is a club for Undertale and Deltarune fans to unite and discuss their passion for the games and its' lore. This Club is non-school sponsored.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch in Mr. Johnson's room M103
Video Game Club
A place for students to get together and play video games, including Smash Bros. This Club is non-school sponsored.
- Every Second and Last Friday of the month during lunch in Mr. Jenkins' room C219
We go to either the beach volleyball courts at CCA or in the PTMS gym to play volleyball. We will eventually have tournaments.
- Every Monday during lunch with Coach Olson either in the gym or at the CCA beach courts