A reminder to parents when dropping off/picking up your student:
- only the right lane that runs along the curb in the circle is where you can drop off/pick up your student. Not the middle lane. Not the left lane.
- do not park on the crosswalk... EVER
- the left lane at the signal is NOT a right turn lane. Don't forget that the right lane DOES NOT HAVE TO TURN RIGHT. The right hand lane can go straight through the signal without turning right, so don't make a right hand turn from the left lane. There is ONLY ONE LANE leading from the signal to the stop sign. There are NOT TWO LANES coming in from the signal. It only becomes two lanes at the stop sign.
- Watch for children crossing at the signal in ALL directions before proceeding toward PTMS.
- SLOW DOWN. Remember it's YOUR child, and the children of others, among those two-ton moving vehicles out there.
- Do not double park when picking up/dropping off your student in the driveway circle. The two left lanes are for MOVING vehicles only.
These reminders are being sent out AGAIN today with the safety of your child in mind. Please keep these guidelines fresh in your thinking when you are driving to/from school.
It might be easier for you if you got here a mere 10 minutes earlier than usual and completely miss the crowds in the morning, and/or got here a mere 10 minutes later than usual to, again, miss the crowds in the afternoon.
FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
Counselor Curry will meet with all 8th graders during 8th grade science classes on December 3rd and 4th for a High School and Beyond presentation. We will discuss high school readiness, the high school selection process, career pathways offered at our district's high schools, and options after high school including the four systems of higher education in California.
This week's SEL focus was on "What Kind of Friend Are You?" Thinking about the kind of friend they want to be helps students create positive relationships with peers. Identifying friendship values is a focused way for students to clarify what's important to them in friendships and think about specific ways to make good peer connections.
Please join us for a winter evening of incredible performances by Band, Orchestra, and Vocal Performance classes. Visit the Student Art Gallery, and enjoy the works of Art completed by our Visual Arts students. Over 200 works of original artwork will be on display! We hope to see all of you there!
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Parent volunteers are needed to help out at the Scholastic Book Fair! The Fair is December 9th through the 13th and parents are needed to work the cash register before school, during lunch, and after school. Proceeds go toward buying new books for the Learning Commons. Please click here to sign up for a shift. Thanks so much!
FROM THE PTSA
Have you become a member of the PTSA, yet?
Your TAX DEDUCTIBLE membership payment is crucial to ensuring funding for so many PTMS programs that directly impact your child's education and experience at Pacific Trails Middle School.
Please help us keep these programs and activities available by becoming a PTSA Member, or by RENEWING your PTSA Membership today. Please join now by clicking here.
Other simple ways to contribute without any cost to you include:
- eScrip - You can designate PTMS PTSA as one of your charities and enter the number on any loyalty cards you use of merchants you patronize (Ralphs, Vons, Target, etc.) and the merchant donates a percentage of your purchase to your charities. To get started, please click here or go to https://secure.escrip.com/signup/index.jsp.
- AMAZON SHOPPERS - There has been some feedback about how to make sure you are signed up for the right PTSA organization since there are many registered with Amazon Smile. To facilitate finding the right charity, please click here. This will automatically sign you up with the PTMS PTSA. You will see "PTA California Congress of Parents, Teachers, and Students, Inc." as your designated charity.