skip to main content

Pacific Trails Middle School

A Proud Member of the San Dieguito Union High School District
Staff Start


The Counseling Department is here to help students with academic, college/career, and social/emotional needs.
Counselors are accessible via email and in-person meetings.  Students can contact their Counselor by completing the PTMS Student Counseling Request Form if you would like to connect.  We look forward to supporting you.
Who's My Counselor:
Ms. Carsen Anderson - Students Mc-Z and all EL students
Mrs. Lisa Curry - Students A-Ma
The Counseling Office is a safe, supportive environment for students and a welcoming place for parents/guardians.  Our Counselors are here to assist students as they grow academically, develop positive social and emotional skills, and explore their interests to help plan for high school and beyond.  Counselors works closely with teachers, administrators, and other support staff to help ensure that students have a positive middle school experience.
Where is the school Counseling Office located?
The Counseling Office is located in the Administration Building.  In our office, you will find our school Counselors Mrs. Curry and Ms. Murt, along with Ms. Marielle, our Registrar/Counseling Secretary, and, once a week, Ms. Mako, our School Social Worker, comes in to meet with students and families.  We also have a Counseling Corner with tables and a quiet space for students, when needed.
Why visit the Counseling Office?
You may need help with your Aeries account, want to check your grades, or visit when you or a friend may be in need of support.  Come by and say hello!  We encourage students to come in to ask questions, and get to know the Counseling Office.
How can the Counselor help you or a friend?
A School Counselor can help students by providing support and guidance when you have questions/concerns about your academics, or when you need to talk with a trusted adult about personal things that are going on at home or school.
Some examples of what the Counselor can help with:
- "What classes should I take?"
- "I need help in knowing how to improve my grades."
- "I want to find out about high school or college."
- "I'm nervous about talking with my teacher."
- "My friends and I are arguing and I can't focus in class because of it."
- "I'm feeling stressed about things going on at home and school."
- "I'm worried about a friend."
- "I'm feeling like I don't fit in."
How do I see my Counselor?
- You can drop-in before school, during nutrition break, lunch and/or after school.
- You can ask your teacher to come to the Counseling Office.
- If Mrs. Curry or Ms. Murt are unavailable, Ms. Marielle can assist in getting the immediate help you may need.
A School Counselor can help parents address:
- Academic achievement concerns.
- Personal/social/behavior concerns.
- Future academic planning.
A few examples:
- "My son used to be excited about school, but now he just doesn't seem to care."
- "My daughter seems to be the target of some teasing and bullying at school.  Can you help?"
- "I have seen changes in my child's behavior at home and I'm worried."
- "What level English/math should my child take in middle school."
- "What can I do now to best prepare my child for high school?"
How do I contact my child's Counselor?
Counselor Curry or Counselor Murt can be reached by phone, email, or by scheduling an appointment (see contact information below).
Contact Information
Carsen Anderson
Counselor - Mc-Z and all EL students
858.509.1000, ext. 4617

Lisa Curry                       

Counselor - A-Ma
858.509.1000, ext. 4607
Marielle Bravo-Saltzman
Counseling Secretary/Registrar
858.509.1000, ext. 4606
Counseling flyer
Tips for a successful start